Monday, July 14, 2014

#52

Hello everyone!

I'm am extremely jealous that you got to go to a surprise fireside done by David Archuleta.  I'm sure y'all were all so excited.  To answer your question, about my birthday.  The only thing that I really want is a new suit!  So maybe just money?  I still haven't bought a suit except from the charity shop.  And I gave one of the suits I brought with me to Elder T.  I really can't think of things that I particularly want though.  You can just surprise me if you want.  

This week has been exciting for a couple reasons!  I'll go through the week.

On Mondays lately we haven't really been doing anything.  Just going to charity shops and things like that.  Elder Olivos and I had been playing pool but we haven't done that since he left.  We ate at a chippy though and just relaxed and cleaned a little.  Normal day. 

Tuesday morning I got a call from Elder Gray in the mission office, and this is kind of ironic from what we emailed about last week.  Elder Gray told me that President has asked that I be one of the ones to get my drivers license.  I'm so excited for that!  That doesn't necessarily mean anything about transfers but just to prepare me if he wants to call me to a driving area.  We spent all day Tuesday in a place called Nailsworth; a really cool little city.  We ended up getting absolutely soaked.  It just tipped rain and even some hail.  We had a good time though and were able to talk to a few people who may or may not be interested, we'll see.  We did go into a charity shop to escape the heavy rain though, and I found a Motab CD so that was lucky.  We walked up a huge hill to a place called Minchinhampton but nobody there was interested.  We talk to so many people but so few actually listen to us.  Sad isn't it?  They have no idea what they're passing up. 

Wednesday we had zone meeting in the morning and I had to go early for a District Leadership Council.  The meetings were good, I'm excited to be more involved in some of the work.  Discussing how we can improve the zone and our areas and things like that.  Right after Zone Meeting we went to Stonehouse to see Jamie and Angie quickly then went to ward choir at night.  The Darracqs bought us fish and chips that night.  They're the best.

Thursday morning we went around to some of the shops in Stroud to try to find some cheap birthday gifts for a couple of people.  Then we headed off to another place we hadn't worked in before called Bussage.  Bussage was up an insane hill and took ages to get there, but we had quite a bit of success there!  We went and talked to some of the people former missionaries contacted and we met this one lady named Bernadette.  She had actually met with missionaries before in Acocks Green of all places!  My last area!  We talked a little about that and she said we could come back so we'll be planning a time with her, she just has to wait a couple of weeks.  We also talked to a few other formers and none of them were quite as exciting but still potential investigators.  We got to cycle down the longest hill though, it was great.  We probably were going about 35 miles per hour.  I had to break to prevent from passing the cars ahead of us.  We'll definitely go there again!  

Friday I had a meeting in Birmingham with President for all the District Leaders so Elder Chugg stayed in Gloucester for the day and I went in a car with a few other District Leaders to Birmingham, we had a great time.  One thing that's funny is that here in England a 2 hour drive is considered a long drive.  The meeting with President was probably the best one I've had.  He talked a lot about leading like Christ lead, and being true representatives of Him at all times.  Even when it means doing things we don't want to like correcting misconduct and things like that, which I definitely don't look forward to.  Friday night we taught Ana with the Darracqs.  She's going through a lot of hard decisions but is doing great and she'll make it for sure.  

Saturday we went to help Ana in the morning with her bike and then we headed off to Stonehouse.  We went to buy Angie some flowers for her birthday and went and visited them for a while.  That was fun, I love being in their house.  They always say that they don't want us to knock because we're like family and things like that.  You'll have to meet them someday.  We went briefly to see Beverly after that and she's doing well.  She hadn't been at church in a couple of weeks but we committed her to come and she did.  

Sunday was a good day as well.  Elder Chugg spoke in church and did a great job.  It was his birthday so I made him breakfast.  Sister Darracq made him a big birthday dinner for after church and a red velvet cake.  He had a good birthday.  We went to visit Jacqui W. again, turns out she had broken her arm this week.  She just will never relax and try to heal though!  She's like in her 80's and always has to be doing something!  I actually don't know quite how old she is though.  

In the off times of the week I've been studying a lot for the theory test for my license.  I will send in my provisional application today and get that before 3 weeks so then I'll be able to take that test.  I'll get an instructor just for a couple sessions then take a practical test.  Most people actually fail the theory test or the practical but I really don't want to.  It's expensive for the mission.  

Love and miss you all,
Elder Evan Pogue

No comments:

Post a Comment