Monday, July 21, 2014

#53


Hello Everyone!
This week unfortunately has been quite uneventful.  I'll tell you why in a bit.  Things have been good though.   I'm jealous that y'all get to go to Vegas and spend all that time together.  That should be loads of fun. Then going to the Grand Canyon, make sure dad doesn't forget the Camera like he did that time at Hoover Dam, he was so gutted, remember?
You talked to Raveena?  That's so cool, I was actually thinking of her the other day.  Hopefully I hear from her.  I'd love that, see how she's doing.  I still need to write a lot of people back... I'm terrible at that.  There's just so little time.
So this week,
Monday was average, we just did some shopping and hung around  then that evening went to Jamie and Angies.  They're still doing well.  and of course we still love going over there.  I can't believe how big little JayCee has grown since I've been here in Stroud.  I don't think I'll be here much longer though.  Just a couple more weeks, we'll have to wait and see.
Tuesday morning we had to catch up on last weeks weekly planning so we did that but Elder Chugg started feeling really sick.  We were supposed to go with the Darracqs at night to teach Ana but unfortunately we couldn't.  They had a good lesson regardless.
Wednesday was much like Tuesday, we just basically did nothing all day because Elder Chugg was sick all day.  I was fine though because it gave me plenty of time to prepare for my District Meeting and also a talk I'm giving next Sunday (I spoke last month and now this month).  That evening we both were dying for some fresh air so we walked to a store to try to help Ana with her bike.
Thursday morning we got to go to Gloucester, Elder Chugg was still quite sick but feeling better.  At 9.30 we had our District Meeting that I think went well.  We had a great discussion about commitments.  Then we got to have interviews with President.  The interviews were good.  I always enjoy talking to President and Sister Rasmussen.  I can really feel their love every time we have a meeting.  We had a dinner that night and then still kept it very slow, to recover from the sickness.
Friday was another slow day but we got weekly planning done and were happy to do that.  We also got to have a dinner with the Coles.  They're a really great family who help us out a lot.  and that night had a really great lesson with Ana.  We talked to her about the Prophet and are trying to help her understand their importance better.  Really the Prophet has been the theme of the entire week.  We've also been trying to teach Jamie and Angie the importance of  the Prophet and how much we love President Monson.
Saturday morning Elder Chugg was feeling better except there was a major thunder storm.  Too bad for us to even go out at first, when usually we just go and proselyte through it.  After a while it calmed down a bit and we went and knocked on doors.  We were able to talk with quite a few people.  They've all met missionaries before and think they know it all though.  That's how it seems.  Saturday night we went with Peter to see Jamie and Angie.  Angie was asleep but we had a good talk with Jamie.  He even made us some Tuna Pasta.  He's way cool.
Sunday we had ward conference, and I was really hoping Jamie and Angie would come but Angie had been sick.  It was good though, we heard from the Stake presidency and recieved a lot of good training.  This Sunday we didn't have a dinner with the Darracqs so we went straight to Stonehouse to see why they weren't able to make it to church.  I had call-ins that night to get the key indicator numbers from the Yate team and call in to the Zone Leaders.
Today we've had a good P-day but I'll tell you about that next week...
I big theme of this week was President Monson as the Prophet.  I really think it's amazing that we have a Prophet just like Moses and Abraham were Prophets in the time of the Bible.  It's so great that President Monson recieves guidance from God about the whole entire world.  I was trying to add a video but I can't, but it's called President Monson: special witness or something.
I hope you all have a great week, and safe travels.
Love you!
-Elder Pogue

No comments:

Post a Comment